Hey folks, it’s Sweetest Day (well, almost.) It’s time to get that someone special a little something. What can you get that someone that has stuck by you when you are yelling at a TV screen during a sports game?
Well, since this is “Sports in the Mowen Years”, this is going to be a list for sports fans. Since I am a male, I’m going to start off this list with a list of goods for the females. I will cap this article off with a list of things that the male species would like.
Keep in mind this isn’t going to be “chocolates and roses” type of charade, but this is intended for sports fans. Your tastes will vary. Okay, let’s start this list:
Gifts for Females
- Team blankets. What’s better than cuddling with your girl? Cuddling with your girl…with your team’s logo on that said blanket. Most places carry local teams, some websites (like this one) carry most teams. It shouldn’t be difficult to find her team on a blanket. If you can’t, there’s always making one or the interwebs.
- Pink Jerseys. This depends on your girl. Is she not into pink clothes? Is she not a big NFL fan? If you answered “No” to any of those, then skip on down to Number Three. I know I previously said some girls just want a team jersey without the flashy pink substance, but some women do like the look. While it doesn’t exactly match color-wise, it does match up in spirit wise. Cheer on for your teams (or separate teams, if it so fits), together in a jersey.
- Merchandise of their favorite player. Do they worship a certain player on a certain team? Get them some merchandise with them on it. Not just jerseys, but framed pictures and other gifts will do just fine.
Gifts for Males
- Sports gear. No, not jerseys. I mean actual padding, helmets, gear. Did they break a bat while playing a nice friendly game of “Send the ball over the fence” while crushing one? Did they lose their football helmet somewhere and they can’t find it? Get them something some the sporting good shop that they’ll use time and time again.
- Personalized glasses/mugs. It’s a fact that most men like beer. It’s a fact that we need to drink liquids to survive. How about either getting glassware with their favorite team or their name on it? What better way to show off your team by having a mug of your favorite beverage with your friends?
- Something to watch sports on. Most sports fans love watching the games on TV. Why not upgrade from that television set from 1995 and get a brand spanking flat-screen! Not a television fan? There’s other medias to get. iPads, iPod touch, and other mobile devices have video capabilities. If they already have a device, there do exist other applications to watch any game at any time (like the MLB At-Bat.)
Gifts for Both Genders
- Tickets to a sporting event. What better way to spend this holiday…together. See a team you like (or at least, one of you), then cap it off with a nice stroll around. If you wanted to stay in, there’s always those sports packages on satellite or cable.
- Gift Baskets. If you say in and watch sports underneath a soft, warm team blanket, what is the ultimate snack to watch sports? How about something from these gift baskets? Of course, you can pick gift baskets from just about anywhere, but these are the themes of sports teams. Find the one you want, find the snacks you want, and wait for the shipping. Is it too late for this list? Probably, but sharing a snack together underneath a blanket sounds pretty romantic.
- Sports movies. After the game, what’s on TV? Oh look, a re-run! Come on, pop in the movie you got. A little Hoosiers by a fireplace? How about some Major League with a warm blanket? Rookie of the Year? Rudy? Any movie with your special someone is worthy of some time together.
- Sports video games. Remember awhile back when I wrote about video games a month ago? It’s a perfect gift idea! Spend some time together, make a few interesting bets, and it’s some good time together. Try to pick a sport you both like, however.
- Pictures with Frames. When I say pictures, I mean a picture of them playing their sport with a frame that runs with the theme of sports. What if they don’t play sports? How about one of both of you, together at a game or anyplace else?
- Clothes or Jerseys. This idea is for anyone. This is such a simple idea, you might write it off. Don’t. Who is their favorite player? Get them a jersey or a shirt with their name and number. What about if you play a sport? Get them one with your name or number. Either way, they’ll remember you either way. As an added bonus, add a spray (NOT the entire bottle) of your favorite smell (cologne or perfume) onto the material so they’ll have you on them.
Well, I certainly hope this list was helpful. I had to trim down the list as well as repeat some of the things previously mentioned. To be fair, you can get these gifts for pretty much anyone in your life. I tried to recreate a list where people can appreciate sports and each other, which brings me to my last point:
Always make sure that love comes first. Sure, sports are great, but isn’t having the feeling of being love better? Also, if you don’t like my suggestions (which is perfectly fine with me), check out this site for gifts having almost nothing to do with sports. Remember too, each person is different. Listen to those little hints about stuff they want. If you need more help, search online for some relationship advice.
I hope you do like this list, and I hope your Sweetest Day is absolutely wonderful. Until next time,