Lee W. Mowen’s Career Stats as a Broadcaster, P.A. Announcer, and Writer
Total broadcasts (As of 10/14/2018): 990 (November 2006-present)
Total games/events as a Public Address Announcer (As of 10/7/2018): 384 (April 2009-present)
Total podcast episodes (As of 10/8/2018): 65 (July 2017-present)
- Gem City Sports Network (June 2013-Present; 289 total broadcasts)
- South Metro Sports Hockey on YouTube (September 2016-Present)
- Springboro Panthers Hockey (January 2017-Present)
- Centerville Elks Hockey (November 2016-Present)
- Dayton Dynamo (May 2016-Present)
- WTGR 97.5FM Select Cross County Conference Basketball games (November 2016-Present)
- The University of Dayton Flyers Baseball (2013-Present), Soccer (2013, 2014, 2017)
- The Wright State University Raiders Soccer (2015-Present), Baseball (2015-Present), Softball (2016-Present), Swimming/Diving (2015-2018), Volleyball fill-in (2015-Present)
- Ohio High School Basketball Coaches Association Girls’ All-Star Game (2012-Present)
- The Greater Miami Valley Wrestling Association‘s Holiday Tournament (2016 and 2017)
As a broadcaster: Basketball, baseball, football, hockey, soccer, volleyball, softball, Australian-rules Football, Indoor Football, Lacrosse.
As a P.A. Announcer: Baseball, soccer, basketball, football, softball, volleyball, swimming/diving, hockey, wrestling, roller derby.
As a sports writer/live blogger: Baseball, soccer, basketball, swimming/diving, hockey, tennis.
Here’s everything I have done in my career. (The BOLD points are teams/stations that I still work with.)
As a sportscasting representative from a station, I have been on-air for…
- 291 total games on the Gem City Sports Network (excluding the Demonz/Demolition, Sharks, Dutch Lions, Dynamo, Thunder, and ThunderHawks: 130), an internet station that started in late 2012. I joined the station in June 2013. Since then, I have been the voice of several high school games, select broadcasts of two local colleges, and several pro teams in the Dayton region. Here’s most of my archived work with GCSN, which also includes my podcast “The Gem on The Queen’s Crown: The Cincinnati and Dayton Sports Podcast.”
- 210 games with WWSU 106.9FM; approximately 150 as the Sports Director and a handful after graduating in Fall 2010. (These are just accounting the sportscasts that I did, not counting the numerous remotes and radio shows I did in my time with WWSU.) While at WWSU, I’ve covered basketball, baseball, football, hockey, volleyball, and soccer.
- 93 games with the Ohio Sports Radio Network (60 games excluding the Demonz and Sharks). My run with OSRN included a twelve-game slate of high school football and several area basketball games, five Central State University football contests and a full season of Central State Basketball, three Dayton Knights (UBA) games, and four games at the 2012 49th Parallel Cup in Dublin, Ohio (United States vs. Canada Australian Footy.) The station was switched off in June 2013.
- 14 games with SUV TV/SUVehicle, for the 13th Annual Flyin’ to the Hoop in 2015. I was the play-by-play voice for eight games while providing color commentary for six broadcasts.
- 13 games combined on WTGR 97.5FM and WTGR’s internet stream for Cross County Conference Basketball games.
- 13 broadcasts with WSWO in Huber Heights for a total of two football games, nine basketball games, and two baseball games at Wayne High School.
- 2 games on zsportslive.com.
- 2 games with WONE 980AM as the play-by-play voice for the GWOC Football Game of the Week in 2011.
- 1 game with WWRD RTV 32 as the color commentator for the Kenton Ridge at Springfield Shawnee basketball game, back in early 2012.
As a Voice of the team, I’ve been on-air for…
- 195 total games at South Metro Sports on YouTube, covering High School and Youth Hockey. With Centerville Elks Hockey, I’ve had 22 calls and 15 neutral games in the Mayor’s Cup and M.L.K. Tournament. I’ve also had calls with the Springboro H.S. Panthers, the Alter Knights, & various levels of the Dayton Stealth and Tri-State Spartans on South Metro’s YouTube page. While calling all the games of the 2018 Buckeye Travel Hockey League End-of-Season Tourney, I racked up 25 games in three days. I was also on the call of the 2018 Kentucky High School Hockey League Tournament in Lexington, KY for 10 games.
- 93 games and 1 draft broadcast with the Dayton Demonz, a Federal Hockey League team that plays at Hara Arena. I called 28 games with the inaugural 2012-2013 squad on the Ohio Sports Radio Network. I’ve covered all but two playoff home contests in 2013-2014, including one neutral-site game in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. I covered the 2014 FHL College/Junior Hockey Draft from the Buffalo Wild Wings in Englewood, Ohio.
- 61 games with the Richmond RiverRats (a Prospect League baseball team) in two seasons.
- 34 total games as the play-by-play voice of the University of Dayton Flyers Baseball, Softball, Womens’ and Mens’ Soccer, and Volleyball teams.
- 30 games with the Dutch Lions organizations in Southwestern Ohio in two seasons on YouTube and GCSN.
- 28 games with the Dayton Demolition, a Federal Hockey League team that took the place of the Dayton Demonz on July 25th, 2015. I’ve also been a co-host of the Demolition Talk show for 13 broadcasts and the debut of the Demolition franchise.
- 25 games with the Miami University-Middletown ThunderHawks on GCSN, starting in the middle of the 2013-2014 season. I was also the voice of seven ORC State Playoff games at Miami-Middletown’s C. Eugene Bennett Gym in 2014 and six in 2015. I also called a pair Miami-Middletown Volleyball matches in Fall 2014. In total, I’ve been the voice of 38 games at MUM.
- 16 games with the Dayton Dynamo, a NPSL team formerly known as the Cincinnati Saints.
- 16 games with the Dayton Falcons (previously the Cincinnati Thunder), a NA3HL team that played at South Metro. The Falcons folded in October 2017.
- 11 games as a fill-in announcer for Wright State University, all on ESPN3 and ESPN+.
- 10 games with the Dayton Sharks, a member of the Continental Indoor Football League. I called all five home games in 2013 for the Sharks on OSRN and four in 2014 with GCSN, with the addition of one road game in Lexington, Kentucky.
- 8 games with the Troy Bruins as the Broadcasting Intern for the shortened 2010-2011 All American Hockey League season.
- 6 games with the Dayton Air Strikers for the Summer 2011 International Basketball League season and one in the 2011-2012 Premier Basketball League season.
- 1 game with the Cincinnati Dockers Australian Footy team in June 2012.
As a Public Address Announcer, I’ve been the voice of…
- 203 matches for the University of Dayton Flyers for Baseball, Softball, Soccer, and Volleyball.
- 122 matches for Wright State University Raiders for Baseball, Softball, Volleyball, Swimming/Diving, and Soccer (includes Horizon League Tournaments in Soccer and Baseball.)
- 12 games at the Ohio High School North-South All Star weekend in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.
- 11 games for the Cincinnati Reds Futures High School Showcase at Wright State’s Nischwitz Stadium and WSU Softball Stadium in 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- 6 games for OHSAA Playoffs (five total for Softball and one for Boys’ Soccer at Wright State University.)
- 5 games for the Dayton Air Strikers for the later part of the 2011-2012 season.
- 4 matches with the Dayton Dynamo as the Fill-In Announcer (one of those matches included double-duty with broadcasting!)
- 4 games for the Dayton Fire Department Hockey Club.
- 3 matches for the University of Cincinnati Bearcats for Women’s Soccer.
- 2 games for the Miami Valley Prospects, during the 2017 Fall World Series at Fairborn High School.
- 2 Greater Miami Valley Wrestling Association Holiday Tournaments, totaling four days of wrestling action.
- 2 games for the Wright State Club Football team (Spring game at Wayne High School in 2009 and Homecoming 2018 vs. Ohio State.)
- 1 bout with Gem City Roller Derby at the Dayton Convention Center, co-announced with The Big Ragu.
- 1 game for Milford High School Football on September 2nd, 2017.
- 1 game for the Dayton Dragons’ Little Big League game between Penn Station and Mike Hild Insurance at Fifth Third Field.
- 1 match for the Dayton Dutch Lions of the PDL on June 30th, 2018.
- The 2017 and 2018 Bob Ross Classic at Fifth Third Field in Dayton, Ohio.
- The 2018 Henny Penny Softball Tournament at Fifth Third Field in Dayton, Ohio.
- The 2018 Voss Auto Network Company Picnic and Softball Tournament at Fifth Third Field in Dayton, Ohio.
As a Sports Writer, I’ve wrote…
- 195 posts on my sports blog, formerly known as “Sports in the Mowen Years.”
- Between 60-90 articles for The Guardian Student Newspaper, during my freshmen year at Wright State University.
- 26 post game recaps with the Dayton Demolition Hockey Team.
- Between 2-8 post-game recaps with the Troy Bruins, during my broadcasting internship in 2009.
- 3 live blogs for the Western and Southern Open in 2014 on the Gem City Sports Network.
- 3 post-game recaps with the Dayton Demonz in the 2014-2015 season.
- 1 live blog for the Vandalia-Butler vs. West Carrollton game at Fifth Third Field in Dayton on GCSN.
As a Podcaster, I have…
- 63 episodes of “The Gem on The Queen’s Crown“, a sports podcast sharing the world of Dayton and Cincinnati sports.
As an Employee with various sports teams, I’ve done…
- 8 seasons with the Dayton Dragons as the DakStats and Scoreboard Operator (originally this title was called “Matrix,” with the old scrolling marquee board.
- 1 season at the University of Dayton as the DV Sport Replay Operator, which is the replay system used by officials.
- 3 totals seasons (two winters, one fall) with the Dayton Air Strikers, doing everything from shot clock operator, assistant stat recorder, broadcaster, P.A. Announcer, mascot for one event, handing out free tickets, and setting up broadcasting equipment.